Search something..

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Trip back Home

11:30 p.m. 14th jan 2011
When the semester started jogging towards the end of October, I wasn’t entirely sure of whether or not time was flying. I have to admit though, that when the December of 2010 came quicker than the October of 2009, I was  wowed by the sheer ‘control’ time seems to have on our lives!! So here I am, at the Bengaluru International Airport Limited waitin for a flight that I gotta catch around 10 hours from now, looking for reasons why I decided that airport at night would be fun. Perhaps it had something to do with the last two times, when I had hung out with some friends who were also returning home, I dunno. But what I do know is that I’d love to have a nice ol’ Subway veggie with mayonnaise n barbeque sauce on a parmesan bread ^_^
So I hear a guy talking to heaven knows who outside the airport building, in the area where that amazing marble globe is positioned, and he’s doing his absolute best to annoy the hell outta me. He’s the reason I’m writing this post, cuz I got things better than to hear some nuthead rant about his supposed love triangle and his oh-so-dramatic life in that deeply annoying voice which 
shouts out- “i’m a jackass. Hear me rant.” So now he’s talkin like a little adolescent whose greatest problem is  that his girlfriend accepted some other guy’s friend request on some social networkin web site!!
Well that’s just one part. I’ll come back to the what’s-happening-now later. Lemme rewind back to #Majestic. IMO, one of Namma Bengaluru’s most energetic places. We were waiting outside the vayu vajra bus station, with my hands getting itchy for trying out the new touch screens ( the description of which is in another post), when suddenly I received a call from my good friend @pp . after hanging up, this guy turns to me n says- “dude, u from Raipur?”, n I say. “ hell no, m from the steel city o’ bokaro” “oh”, says he, I thought ur hindi accent…….
WHOA!! Now that’s called a close call. I had to disappoint the gentleman. Nice guy, though. )p
Nywaz, the big story- ANDROID!!!!! (check out the  other post, If u haven’t already)
So here I am, back to the present. I swear, I haven’t seen one single plane land or take off. Oh yeah, that’s cuz it’s the dead of the night and somebody *hits hisself on the head, hard..too hard* could have slept in a cozy hotel room with a tv, n woken up in the morning, n simply find himself flying spice over to CCU. Ah well…
Oh brilliant, gentleman next to me just started smoking….yeah yeah, I know it’s Marlboro. You’ll still die early, meathead..tchhhah!!
Ok, goin to get that Subway I promised.. gonna read rustlers of west fork #louisl’amourrocks n then I’ll see when I’ll update again J
C ya around
Oh hang on, I was about to saven eat that subway, when mr. Marlboro has been replaced by mr.(or is he/she miss K dunno..)love triangle………………………………yea, don’t even ask…updatecha later J

12:59 14th jan 2011
Poor me, if  only i’d been quicker. They don’t sell subways at 12:45 in the morning!! But they do sell B n R ice cream when it’s 17 deg n the store sellin the warm stuff is closing next door!! Ah hell, i did good with a mixed veg regular original kaati roll (@navtejshanker, u readin this? ) . strolled the entrance of the building, then a plane lands n people stream out. The cab blokes think i’m one of em..someone even asked me,” voulez-vous un taxi? “  ah  well, the consequences of globalization!! (nope, i still think i imagined that!!)
So now, yours truly is less than 12hours away from Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport. After that, it’s a one way thing into dhanbad, and then back home J
Hey, i forgot to mention..real slick deco here..red n green to ring in the Christmas bells n the new year..nice..
N i think Moza n bhalu r in Kolkata by now..o well, i think i’ll play some moto gp rt now....
Know this was real short, but once a gamer, always a gamer J


A very exciting flight and a very exciting tense few moments later
In the train-
i take my allotted seat  37 in the a2 compartment
Attender: set please sir
Me: What?
Attender: set please
Me: i dunno what’s a set, but here’s the ticket
Attender takes the ticket, writes the ‘set’ no in his notepad n turns to leave.
Me: hold it there bolt..what’s my set number?
Attender(looks at me haughtily n says): 37.
Me: .....

Later, at home
K lemme tell u this- this journey was memorable..there are times when you feel journeys are the most boring things in the world, but to be amused or to enjoy, all we need to do is to look around and find the thing that annoys us the most,.......and write a meaningless blog post about it..if a post like this helped u enjoy, urs might help another traveller by typin ur experience n putting it up on ur page J
Nice time..catcha later..happy hols :D

(apologies for spelling or language mistakes, if any..these were written live!! :p) - @therevkid

No comments:

Post a Comment